Our San Francisco City tour is a semi-private exploration of all the city has to offer from the comfy seats of Classic VW's
Looking for an authentic San Francisco experience? Trade the tour bus for a vintage Volkswagen van that easily navigates the city’s less-traveled lanes. Vantigo’s San Francisco City Tour takes you through 14 famed districts, complete with views of Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, Twin Peaks and several other storied landmarks. Along the way, we’ll share tales of earthquakes that shaped the landscape, industrial shifts from the 1849 Gold Rush to the rise of Silicon Valley, 1960s counterculture, and surprising insights that only a local would know.
Whether this is your first San Francisco visit or you’ve lived here for years, you’ll see the city from a new perspective. Book today. Then, sit back and enjoy the ride!
Private Tour Advantages
- Custom Pick-up and Drop-off
- Custom Itinerary with extra 1.5 hours of tour time (5 Hours Total)
- Water, Soda, Beer & Wine, Snacks and much more
- Private Classic VW Van all to yourself
Where do you go?
- Golden Gate Bride/Fort Point (photo stop)
- Legion of Honor
- Sutro Baths/Cliff House (snack stop)
- Ocean Beach
- Golden Gate Park
- Alamo Square (photo stop)
- The Haight Ashbury
- Twin Peaks (photo stop)
- The Castro
- The Mission
- Civic Center (photo stop if time allows)
- Union Square
- Financial District
- SoMa (South of Market)
- Ferry Building/The Embarcadero
- North Beach
- Coit Tower (photo stop)
- Fishermen's Wharf
- The Marina
- Palace of Fine Arts (photo stop)
- The Presidio
- Three and a half hour guided tour
- Bottled water
- Light snacks
- Seven photo stops (weather permitting)
- A few extra surprises!
PRICES AND TICKET INFORMATION
- $67 per adults
- $37 per child for ages 5 to 12 (Please note: While we welcome children on most Vantigo tours, ages 4 and under are only permitted when the responsible party reserves the entire van.)
- $600 Private tour which includes pick-up & drop-off of your choosing in San Francisco as well as customizable 4 hour itinerary.
Vantigo San Francisco City Tours depart at 8:00 AM, 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM.
- WHEN: Tours run Monday to Sundays (Holidays, Large SF events, and disasters excluded)
- TOUR LENGTH: 3.5 Hours
FISHERMEN'S WHARF DEPARTURE TIMES:
- 8:00 AM
- 9:00 AM
- 10:00 AM
- 1:00 PM
- 2:00 PM
Please Note: Reservations Required
UNION SQUARE DEPARTURE TIMES:
- 8:15 AM
- 9:15 AM
- 10:15 AM
- 1:15 PM
- 2:15 PM
Please Note: Reservations Required
Tour Cancellation Policy
Vantigo has a 48-hour tour cancellation policy. If we receive your cancellation more than 48 hours before the start of your tour, you can expect a full refund. Cancellations received less than 48 hours before the start of a tour will not be refunded. We understand that some situations, including flight delays and weather issues, are beyond your control. In these cases, we may be able to switch your reservation to another tour time. From time to time, unpredictable weather may impact tour routes and outdoor stops. Vantigo reserves the right to cancel or move tours to other dates and times. Fees and taxes applied to the original reservation are non-refundable.
We look forward to welcoming you soon on a Vantigo tour! Please keep these details in mind as you plan your adventure:
- Unless you reserve all seats in the van, other individuals may also be on your Vantigo tour. We are happy to offer private tours and special group charters. Contact us for information and booking.
- While we welcome children on most Vantigo tours, please note that ages four and under are only permitted when the responsible party reserves the entire van. Children’s ticket prices apply.
- Please be courteous to other passengers by arriving on time for all tour departures.
- For additional questions, you can reach us at 415-484-5240 or email@example.com.