Looking for an authentic San Francisco tour experience and Alcatraz? Trade the tour bus for a vintage Volkswagen van that easily navigates the city’s less-traveled lanes. Vantigo’s San Francisco City Tour takes you through 14 famed districts, complete with views of Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, Twin Peaks and several other storied landmarks. Along the way, we’ll share tales of earthquakes that shaped the landscape, industrial shifts from the 1849 Gold Rush to the rise of Silicon Valley, 1960s counterculture, and surprising insights that only a local would know.
Looking for an authentic way to experience San Francisco and a trip to Alcatraz? Trade the tour bus for a vintage Volkswagen van that easily navigates the city’s less-traveled lanes. Vantigo’s San Francisco City Tour takes you through 14 famed districts, complete with views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Twin Peaks and several other storied landmarks as well as a ferry boat ride to Alcatraz. Along the way, we’ll share tales of earthquakes that shaped the landscape, industrial shifts from the 1849 Gold Rush to the rise of Silicon Valley, 1960s counterculture, and surprising insights that only a local would know.
NOTE: This tour is all inclusive combo. Alcatraz tickets are not sold separately. This tour is only updated 2 to 3 months in advance based on Alcatraz Cruises releasing tickets at that pace.
Where do you go?
- Golden Gate Bride/Fort Point (photo stop)
- Legion of Honor
- Sutro Baths/Cliff House (snack stop)
- Ocean Beach
- Golden Gate Park
- Alamo Square (photo stop)
- The Haight Ashbury
- Twin Peaks (photo stop)
- The Castro
- Civic Center
- Union Square
- Financial District
- SoMa (South of Market)
- Ferry Building/The Embarcadero
- North Beach
- Coit Tower (photo stop)
- Fishermen's Wharf
- The Marina
- Palace of Fine Arts (photo stop)
- The Presidio
- 3.5 Hour
- Bottled water
- Six photo stops (weather permitting)
- Alcatraz Cruises ferry boat voucher to ride to and from Alcatraz
ALCATRAZ ISLAND TOUR
- Your Alcatraz ticket ($37.25 value)
- Narrated ferry boat ride to and from Alcatraz Island
- Self-guided cell house audio tour
- Ranger and docent tours
- Historic gardens
- Abundant wildlife and spectacular views
PRICES AND TICKET INFORMATION
- $105 per adults 9 AM ($37.25 Alcatraz Ferry ticket + SF Tour $69.)
- $73 per child for ages 5 to 12 (Please note: While we welcome children on most Vantigo tours, ages 4 and under are only permitted when the responsible party reserves the entire van.)
- 9:00 AM Fishermen's Wharf Pickup Vantigo VW Van San Francisco Deluxe Tour
- 9:15 AM Union Square Pick-up Vantigo VW Van San Francisco Deluxe Tour
- 9:15 AM - 12:30 PM Vantigo Tour
- 12:45 PM Drop Off at Alcatraz Landing
- 2:10 PM -2:50 PM Alcatraz Ferry Departure. Time spent on Alcatraz is determined by the individuals.
- WHEN: Tours run Monday to Sundays (Holidays, Large SF events, and disasters excluded)
- TOUR LENGTH: 3.5 Hour VW Tour (Estimated length could be shorter based on Traffic) + Alcatraz Visit (Determined by individual)
FISHERMEN'S WHARF DEPARTURE TIMES:
- 9:00 AM
Please Note: Reservations Required
UNION SQUARE DEPARTURE TIMES:
- 9:15 AM
Please Note: Reservations Required
Tour Cancellation Policy
Vantigo has a 1 Week tour cancellation policy. If we receive your cancellation more than 1 week before the start of your tour, you can expect a full refund. Cancellations received less than 1 week before the start of a tour will not be refunded. We understand that some situations, including flight delays and weather issues, are beyond your control. In these cases, we may be able to switch your reservation to another tour time. From time to time, unpredictable weather may impact tour routes and outdoor stops. Vantigo reserves the right to cancel or move tours to other dates and times. Fees and taxes applied to the original reservation are non-refundable.
We look forward to welcoming you soon on a Vantigo tour! Please keep these details in mind as you plan your adventure:
- Unless you reserve all seats in the van, other individuals may also be on your Vantigo tour. We are happy to offer private tours and special group charters. Contact us for information and booking.
- While we welcome children on most Vantigo tours, please note that ages four and under are only permitted when the responsible party reserves the entire van. Children’s ticket prices apply.
- Please be courteous to other passengers by arriving on time for all tour departures.
- For additional questions, you can reach us at or firstname.lastname@example.org.